Everyone knows how important a range hood is in the kitchen nowadays for many reasons.
For example, keeping the kitchen clean and tidy among others. Anyone who has ever had to clean its kitchen knows the importance of having a range hood in the kitchen. It is unavoidable for grease, smoke, odors, and bits of food to be released into the air when you are cooking. This is where best under cabinet range hoods help the most.
But, there are literally thousands of varieties of range hoods available in the market. Which one to buy and which ones to ignore?
Don’t worry! We have compiled a list of best rated under cabinet range hoods today to help you choose the best range hood for your kitchen easily.
TL;DR: Best Rated Under The Cabinet Range Hood
Are you in a hurry?
Let check out these best rated under the cabinet range hood for your kitchen.
However, we highly recommend you to go through the buying guide below and details review of each under cabinet range hood before making any decisions.
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will be received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
Kitchen Cabinet Range Hoods Buying Guide
Use our buying advice to sharpen your knowledge of kitchen cabinet range hood and then refer to our reviews to find the best piece for your budget. Your family will thank you for the next cooking session.
The efficiency of the Extractor fan
This is the most important part of the Rangehood as this decides the rate at which smoke and airborne grease are removed from the kitchen. Sometimes very powerful fans become noisy and one is unable to watch TV in the same room. So you might want to strike a balance between the two by purchasing less powerful ones. But you should see that it has the capacity to clean the environment completely at least 8 times in an hour.
Type of filter used
There are many types of filters used for different types of range hood models. The aluminum filters are the most commonly used filters as they can trap the grease and pollutants effectively. They can also be washed with ease in a dishwasher. They are reusable after being cleaned thoroughly. They last quite long.
Carbon Filters are the ones used in Ductless or re-circulating Range Hoods and they can trap most irritant grime and dirt but are not reusable. They need to be changed every 4 months when they are completely soaked.
Size of Range Hoods
The Range Hoods are obtained in various sizes and also depend on the size of the cooking oven you have in your kitchen as well as the type of range hood you are going to buy. Usually, the size of the range hood matches with your cooking oven area exactly but if you are selecting island type of range hood you must select a size larger.
Lighting and Controls
Usually, range hoods are equipped with lighting that is sufficient to light up the kitchen or at least the cooking oven. They can be either incandescent or halogen depending on the type you purchase. Most modern range hoods are electronic that is why they can be remotely controlled while the primitive ones that are electro-mechanical do not have these features.
While you will be in a dilemma as to which range hood to purchase to suit your needs in the kitchen, one deciding factor could be the space in your kitchen and how the other furniture is placed around your cooking oven.
Under Cabinet Range Hood Reviews
We created reviews below with additional guidance for different kinds of under cabinet range hood. If you plan to purchase under cabinet range hood online please do so through our review so that your purchase (at no additional cost to you) can support this website – thank you.
Broan 30 In. Stainless Steel Convertible Range Hood
This simple yet classy range hood from Broan packs powerful features making it easier for you to maintain your kitchen. This model was designed with a perfect full filter of antimicrobial coating inhibits the formation of odor-producing bacteria and It has 3 levels blower speed for easy control such as normal, mid and high. It also features the non-stick bottom pan is easy to clean, moreover, four halogen lamps provide focused lighting for unmatched cooktop visibility. All this helps to keep your kitchen fresh for a long time.
Broan APE130SS Energy Star Qualified Under-Cabinet Range Hood
Specifically designed for meeting the performance standards of today’s higher BTU traditional cooking appliances and the customer’s desire for an ENERGY STAR qualification, the APE Series features Broan’s latest pro-style range hoods which hold Energy Star qualification.
This Broan product features combined Microban antibacterial protection with superior AP1 mesh filters for unmatched performance. The Microban tech helps to prevent the increase of odor-causing bacteria which keeps the filters fresh for a long time while also protecting the filter so it remains tidier in between cleanings. Broan-NuTone LLC has led this industry since 1932 and this range hood justifies their name and reputation.
- High Performance, professional style under-cabinet using 30-percent less energy than the standard model
- Very Quiet 0.7-Sones at normal speed, maximum 440 CFM at high setting
- Hidden, variable speed control with last setting memory and two level light control for task and night-time operation
- Bright cook-top visibility provided by 42-watt compact fluorescent light (bulb included) plus efficient 4-watt night-light (bulb included)
Broan 413004 ADA Capable Non-Ducted Under-Cabinet Range Hood
Another Broan entry in this list, the 41000 series has been made to tough standards of Broan. It provides efficient filtration along with high performance and value.
This range hood is available in a range of colors & dimensions and features a removable grease-charcoal filter for cleaner indoor ventilation. Its fans have been designed to last years with low maintenance and a protective lamp lens facilitates even distribution of light.
Broan 412004 also contains control switches for activating lights and regulating fan speed. This range hood is capable of functioning in an ADA-compliant application.
3 used from $62.55
- HIGH-QUALITY DUCTLESS RANGE HOOD INSERT: Stainless steel hood insert improves ventilation and lighting over your stove with the non-ducted filtration system that effectively removes smoke and odors
- EFFECTIVE INCANDESCENT LIGHTING: A protective lamp lens distributes light evenly over the cook-top and accepts up to 75W bulb (bulb not included)
- EASY CARE: Charcoal filter is replaceable so you can maintain optimum grease capture and keep the kitchen fresh
Blue Ocean 30″ RH76TUC Stainless Steel
This simple yet classy range hood from Broan comes with many powerful features that can help you to maintain your kitchen with ease. This model was designed with a perfect full filter of antimicrobial coating inhibits the formation of odor-producing bacteria with 3 levels blower speed for easy control such as normal, mid and high.
The Nonstick bottom pan is a great feature when it comes to clearing, while four halogen lamps provide focused lighting for unmatched cooktop visibility. All this can helps to keep your kitchen fresh and joyful all the time.
Cosmo 30 in. 760 CFM Ducted Wall Mount Range Hood
This under cabinet from range hood is a beast by design, look and every other sense. The style of this model is fit to a variety of kitchen decors and it is easy to clean.
Cosmo 30 in also comes with permanent filters, 3-speed motors, push-button controls, and energy-efficient LED lighting. It features for 760 CFM removes smells and odors with ease for a clean kitchen not only removes smells but it only takes 65dB max noise level.
Its 2 dishwashers and safe permanent stainless steel filters save all your money to be wasted on replacements.
4 used from $146.93
- EFFICIENT AIRFLOW: 380 CFM removes smells and odors with ease for a clean kitchen. Only 65dB max noise level. Ducted range hood vents outside and away from your home. Optional Carbon Filter Kit available for ductless (Purchase Part # CFK1-TM)
- EASY-TO-CLEAN FILTERS: Cosmo ARC-FLOW Permanent Filters are dishwasher-safe and extremely durable. No need to replace these filters, simply drop in the dishwasher for easy maintenance and cost savings
Miseno 1200 CFM 30″ Professional Stainless Steel Under Cabinet Range Hood
This simple yet classy range hood from Miseno gives you Dual Halogen Lamps which offers point-source lighting to shed bright shining light on your kitchen stove. The easy-to-install Miseno range hood allows you to install it yourself as it comes with trinkets like Quick-Lock and Keyhole mounting making installation a piece of cake.
H70230AS’s baffle filters last long and are brilliantly efficient. The filters don’t clog allowing optimum efficiency amid washings where dishwashers can also be easily cleaned. Miseno’s powerful 750 CFM variable-speed motor makes this range hood ideal for quick ventilation while also offering quiet-peaceful operation along with powerful performance.
- Installs in an Under Cabinet configuration
- Heavy duty dial controls make for easy control of the kitchen environment
- Utilizes a standard U.S. 120V hardwired power supply
- Hood, baffle filters and all installation hardware is included
- Duct cover available for ceilings up to 8'6" (sold separately)
Zephyr 30″ Power Typhoon Series Under Cabinet Hood
The Zephyr AK2100BS is literally one of the slimmest under cabinet range hoods on the market. The Zephyr has six incredibly powerful speed levels and a turbine blade design that lets out up to 850 CFM of power. You’re probably assuming that because it has so much power that it’s going to be extremely noisy, but you would be wrong.
The Zephyr AK2100BS is extremely quiet, with its noise ranging from 0.9 – 5 Sones. One of the best parts about the Zephyr cabinet hood is that it’s self-cleaning, so that means you don’t have to spend hours of your valuable time scrubbing the grease and grime off of it.
The lightbulbs that are included with the Zephyr AK2100BS under cabinet hood are absolutely incredible! The energy-efficient LED bulbs will illuminate your entire range top, giving you plenty of light to see. The really great thing about the Zephyr is how versatile it is. It can be used to vent out the top or the back of your range top by simply removing the rear panels. This stainless steel range stove will add a sleek look to your kitchen that your friends and family won’t be able to stop talking about.
- Self Cleaning Exclusive filter-less self cleaning system with dishwasher safe residue cups
- With the Turbine Blade Design, the Power: Typhoon series delivers up to 850 CFM while staying Ultra-Quiet, noise leveling ranging from 0.9 - 5 Sones
- an exclusive feature built into specific Zephyr hoods which can limit the maximum blower CFM to 590, 390 or 290 to meet local code requirements
XtremeAir 30″ width under cabinet hood with 3-Speed Mechanical Buttons
As the name suggests, this under cabinet range hood delivers extreme air. It will ensure your kitchen is free of smoke, food odors, and has the best air circulation. The 30-inch accessory ranks as one of the best under cabinet range hoods for many reasons. It is straightforward to install and doesn’t require special tools. It works pretty well thanks to the good airflow and powerful motor. The item is very silent despite the high performance.
- COMPLETION IN THE U.S.A.: This is why XtremeAIR range hoods are different than other brands.
- 10 Year Limited Motor Warranty
- POWERFUL YET QUIET: ~900 CFM max, squirrel cage blowers, twin Centrifugal Motors (CEC cfm= 503**).
- LIFETIME SLANTED BAFFLE FILTERS: Built to last dishwasher-safe, arc flow design permanent filters trap grease and oil away from kitchen.
- LED GU10 BASE LIGHTS: Universal GU10 light base, which you can easily find if needed.
Proline 30″ Undercabinet Range Hood
The Proline range hood is one of the best range hoods on the market. The four-speed blower lets out an incredible amount of power, but don’t let that deter you from purchasing the Proline range hood. A lot of people believe that if it’s powerful, it’s loud. Not the Proline range hood. The motor is so silent that it’s actually one of the quietest models that you can get.
The energy-efficient LED light bulbs are bright enough for you to do anything you need to on your range top. If you have the urge to make cookies at 2 am you won’t have to worry about waking anyone up ever again. Also, don’t be concerned with losing out on money if something breaks on your Proline range hood. The Proline range hoods are covered under a one year warranty for parts and labor, and two years of parts just in case something happens.
One of the most amazing things about this range stop is its ability to be used in multiple ways. All you need to do is remove the rear panels on the Proline range hood and it can be vented out the top of the back! If you want a quiet, versatile range hood, the Proline is for you!
- SUPER SLIM CONTOUR SAVES YOU SPACE; The PLJW 185 is one of the slimmest under cabinet range hoods available, offering a height of just 5 inches. This level of combined style and performance is simply unrivaled in the range hood industry.
- COOL LIGHT CASCADES FROM THESE LED BULBS: You will love the light that is cast from these new 1.5 W GU10 LED. They are energy efficient, and bright enough to cover your whole range top.
KOBE 30-inch Ductless Under Cabinet Range Hood
This top-of-the-range ductless under cabinet range hood doesn’t come cheap, but we think it’s worth the extra dosh if you’re after something super easy to install and quiet.
Plus points include the handcrafted seamless curves and elegant look that are sure to complement any kitchen furnishings. Designed to consume smoke and airborne toxins, its commercial grade stainless steel structure verily impressed us, although be warned that you can’t use it as a ducted range hood.
The motor is capable of trapping the dirt and grease with a maximum 400 cubic feet/minute power after you activate the system with a 3-speed mechanical push button. This range hood features charcoal filters along with easy to clean, dishwasher-safe baffle filters that are safer to use than mesh ones in terms of functionality.
They work as a protection layer in case fire broke out on the cooktop. They decrease the chance of flame spread by compelling the grease-saturated air rapidly and continually alter the direction through the filter. This technique ensures that stubborn grease droplets don’t congest in the filter tray throughout the air circulation.
In addition, there are two 3 watt LED lights that will lighten up your cooking surface below so that you get a good view no matter what lighting condition is prevailing in the other areas of the home.
1 used from $47.27
- Durable 18-gauge commercial grade stainless steel with seamless design and satin finish
- 400 CFM at maximum power
- 3-speed mechanical push button with QuietMode, low, and high
- Bright 3W (x2) LED lights to vividly illuminate your cooktop
- Exhaust: Ductless/ Recirculating with charcoal filters
Which Under Cupboard Rangehood To Choose?
You must read all the reviews thoroughly to know the right one of your choice according to your needs. We hope the article helped you in making a fair decision by keeping all the reviews in mind. Think before you spend your money in any use because you have earned it with your hard work and this does not deserve to get wasted in any single form.
So ease up and take your time but do take the right decision for your family and your collection of the kitchen!