There’s a way that pressure cookers make you excited in cooking. Electric pressure cookers often make you feel exited of how your food gets slow-cooked quality even when it’s done at express time. This little appliance lets you cook even as you get ready for work or do other household chores. It offers wonderful and tasteful meals that you just have your own pressure cooker at home.
TL;DR Best Electric Pressure Cooker List
Well here are the top electric pressure cookers of the year for your convenience.
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will be received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
Should I Buy an Electric or Stovetop Pressure Cooker?
But before you start shopping, there’s one big question to ask yourself: Should I choose an electric or a stovetop pressure cooker? While both serve the same function, they definitely have their differences, and one could be a better choice for you.
Electric pressure cookers are best for..
- those who are nervous about fiddling with heat settings – the electric cooker will do it automatically, just set it and forget it;
- those who are drowning in electric appliances like slow cooker, rice cooker and yogurt maker – an electric pressure cooker will replace all of them;
- busy parents who need to schedule dinner to be ready when they walk in the door will appreciate the cooking delay timer available in some models which starts cooking dinner before anyone is home;
- college students or persons with limited kitchens – the electric pressure cooker is a complete cooking tool it browns/saute’s, pressure cooks and keep the food warm – some do even more;
- seniors and/or otherwise abled persons-no need to remember if the burner is on or off, the cooker will turn itself off after cooking and can be placed at any height for easy access;
- expert cooks who have already moved all of their cooking to pressure and often have more than one stovetop cooker running – an electric is a great addition to the ensemble.
Stove top Pressure Cookers are best for..
- those who want speed and power since they reach higher heat and pressure than electrics;
- those who value durability over convenience – electrics can last years but stove top cookers last decades, generations;
- cooks who want to try advanced pressure cooking techniques -many require the higher pressure and lesser evaporation of modern stove top cookers;
- cooks who like to tinker and supervise the cooking since the pressure releases faster than electrics.
What To Look For When Buying an Electric Pressure Cooker?
To further help you make the choice for your perfect pressure cooker, here are some general tips on what else you should look for or consider when buying:
Spring-valve non-venting cookers have the latest pressure-regulating technology and they won’t fill your kitchen with the sounds of steam engine pistons firing (like old-style venting cookers) or drive you nuts with the clinging and clanging of a jiggling metal weight. Modern spring-valve cookers make very little noise while cooking and need less energy, too! Electrics have a weighted “float valve” which is equally quiet and energy-efficient. On electrics the float valve does not regulate the internal pressure, this is done by the electronic logic that turns the heating element on and off.
Stove top cookers should be made of stainless steel because cheaper aluminum cookers are not only soft and easily deformed but they are “reactive” – this means that they change the flavor of acidic ingredients (tomatoes, lemon, wine, etc.).
No non-stick Coatings
Avoid non-stick coatings, as they can scratch and be easily damaged (therefore no longer being able to do as intended) by utensils, the sharp end of a bone or a metal steamer basket exposing the aluminum underneath to be in contact with the food.
Two Pressure Settings
A pressure cooker should have at least two pressure settings. “High Pressure” for meats, legumes and anything dense that needs a long time to cook, and “Low Pressure” for fish, eggs, and al dente veggies and pasta. Some pressure cookers have a switch on the lid to select the pressure settings, others will do so by displaying a certain number of rings while electric pressure cookers let you choose the pressure at the touch of a button. Don’t be dazzled by new pressure cookers that have 10 or more pressure settings – no recipes have actually been written for all of those other pressure settings.
All pressure cookers will have some parts that eventually wear and will need to be replaced. For example, the sealing gaskets (the silicone ring in the lid) usually last 18-24 months – more rarely smaller parts of a safety valve will also need to be replaced. Purchase your pressure cooker from a longstanding company with a good reputation and customer service so you’ll be able to track down and purchase these wearing parts when needed. Don’t stock up on these parts – they age even while not being used.
What Size Electric Pressure Cooker Should I Buy?
The size of the pressure cooker you’ll need depends on who you’ll be cooking for, and how often. Always keep in mind: “While even the largest pressure cooker is capable of cooking the smallest amounts of food, large amounts cannot be cooked in a small one.”
All pressure cooker sizes indicate their full liquid capacity, but in reality, only half to two-thirds can be really used to cook. Never fill the pot more than two-thirds its capacity, as pressure cooking involves frothing and bubbling, which may block the steam valves when the pot is too full.
Pressure Cooker Under 5 litres
This is good for singles or couples, as whole meals can be cooked for two here. It will also do for one course to serve a small family.
Pressure Cooker With 5-7 litres
The normal pressure cooker size for an average family with 3-5 members. It can accommodate a full meal recipe, but is not too bulky to store.
Pressure Cooker With 7.5 – 10 litres
The ideal pressure cooker size for large families with more than 6 members, or if you often cook for large groups of people, or like to freeze food.
Pressure Cooker Over 10 litres
These larger ones are generally used for pressure cooking large amounts of food that you want to store in jars or pints, for catering purposes or any other semi-commercial venture that requires you to cook for more than 15 people at a time.
Top Rated Electric Pressure Cooker Review
We created reviews below with additional guidance for different kinds of pressure cookers. If you plan to buy a pressure cooker online please do so through our review so that your purchase (at no additional cost to you) can support this website – thank you.
Power Pressure Cooker XL 8
Homeowners can cook their favorite slow-cooked meals about 70% faster through the Power Pressure Cooker XL 8. Homeowners also love the flavor infusion technology which allows flavor and nutrients to be locked in the resulting meals that are both delicious and healthy. Other noted features of Power Pressure Cooker XL 8 are the 1-touch preset buttons, safe lock lid that comes with manual steam release, non-stick, dishwasher-safe inner pot, automatic keep warm mode, digital display panel and built-in safety features.
- One Touch Pre-Set Buttons/ Automatic Keep warm mode/ Slow Cooker option/ Flavor Infusion Technology/ Digital display
- Safe Lock Lid with Manual Steam release and large arm handle/ Non stick Inner Pot
- Replaces six common devices: Slow cooker, Canner, Soup Maker, Steamer, Cookware and Rice Cooker
- 8 QT Capacity Dimensions: 14 H x 12 W x 14.5 D Inches
- Dishwasher Safe
Cuisinart CPC-600 Electric Pressure Cooker
Cuisinart pressure cooker lets you cook faster and eat healthier meals. Using Cuisinart CPC-600, preparing meals is now up to 70% faster with this 6-quart electric pressure cooker. By trapping steam inside, it builds pressure that creates hotter temperature that allows cooking to be faster. Its tight seal also helps by locking heat, moisture, flavor as well as minerals and vitamins to make meals healthier. It also comes with simple push-button controls and digital display, LED countdown display, BPA-free and fingerprint-proof brushed stainless steel housing.
1 used from $119.99
- 6-quart electric pressure cooker reduces cooking times by 70 percent
- BPA free.Push-button controls; easy-to-read digital display; precision thermostat
- Settings for pressure cooking, browning, simmering, sauteing, and warming
- Timer; cool-touch handles; nonstick dishwasher-safe cooking pot and trivet
- Measures 12-1/5 by 12-1/5 by 13-1/5 inches; 3-year limited warranty
Instant Pot IP-LUX60 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker
The Instant Pot IP-LUX60 is a new and upgraded version of Instant’s Pot LUX series. This series of pressure cookers is known for being intelligent kitchen devices as designed to be safe, dependable and convenient. Instant Pot IP-LUX60 is ideal for homeowner’s kitchen as it is easy to clean and features extensive safety mechanisms. Instant Pot is created for fast-paced and green-conscious families.
1 used from $140.00
- Cooks fast & saves time: The Instant Pot Duo Multi-Cooker combines 6 Appliances in one: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer and warmer – and cooks up to 70% faster
- Consistently delicious: 12 one-touch smart programs put cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, desserts and more on autopilot – with tasty results
- Easy to clean: Fingerprint-resistant stainless steel lid and components and accessories are dishwasher safe
BELLA 6-Quart Pre-Set Functions and Searing Technology Pressure Cooker
For homeowners who like to cook a variety of dishes, BELLA is the ideal pressure cooker. It allows cooking of full birds, lamb, pork, fish, stew, pasta and stews for up to 70% faster in just one button. It also features 10 pre-set functions for cooking of cooking of your favorite dishes to perfection. To ensure your safety while cooking, it features various safety features. Cleaning the pot is also a breeze.
- PRESSURE COOKER: Cook full birds, brisket, pork, lamb, fish, stews, soups & even pasta in minutes. With a touch of a button you can safely & quickly cook your favorite meals up to 70% faster than conventional cookware.
- MULTI-USE COOKER: Features 10 pre-set functions specifically engineered to cook various types of food to perfection. With one touch you can: saute, brown, pressure cook, slow cook, cook soup, stew, meat, chicken, rice & more!
Mealthy 9-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker
The Mealthy 9-in-1 Pressure Cooker is your one-stop shop for all things pressurized. Let’s start with the fact that this monster of a machine has up to 33 different presets for all your favorite cooker recipes, ranging from soups and rice to yogurt and porridge. There’s even a dedicated multigrain option. Right out of the box, Mealthy gives you everything you need to get started, including a 6-quart stainless steel pot, steamer basket, 4-centimeter raised trivet, two silicone mitts, ladle, rice paddle, and an 8-ounce measuring cup.
At a loss for recipes? Download the Mealthy app for articles and recommendations from Mealthy’s lineup of top-tier chefs. Forgot the proper pressure setting for crab-meat? The cooker also comes with a cheat sheet with altitudes and cook times for some of the most common recipes.
Using a pressure cooker can often mean singed hands from all the steam that can escape from these machines, but Mealthy considered that, too! All control options are made exclusively through the touch panel, which means your hands will never get close to the steam-release valve if you need to make an adjustment.
- NEW FEATURES: auto-sealing lid, redesigned easy-touch control panel and LCD screen,hands-free steam release, 33 chef-approved cooking presets, TRUE slow cook, programmable automatic pressure release
- 9 APPLIANCES IN 1: Cook meals in mere minutes & in less than half the time also get instant access to our recipes! Pressure cook, slow cook, sauté, steam, make cakes, pasteurize, make yogurt, cook rice, and warm, all in one appliance.
Mueller UltraPot 6-Quart Pressure Cooker
This 6-quart titan by the folks at Mueller has it all. We’re talking 15 cooking presets (including poultry, oatmeal, yogurt, meat/stew, and cake), a PTFE– and PFOA-free non-stick coating that locks in flavors and nutrients, and durable rubber seals and temperature-resistant handles for protecting you and your cooker from high heat.
The UltraPro uses a series of microprocessors that constantly monitor for pressure, temperature, and time and will automatically adjust the cooker at various points in the cook cycle. You can also manually input your own timer settings for both your main cooking cycle (adjustable between 1 and 99 minutes), as well as the pot’s Delay Timer (up to 24 hours).
Best of all, you can even use the UltraPro for basic canning of various fruits and veggies. One of the only drawbacks we could find is the device weight. The cooker itself is a bit on the heavy side, which can make storing and pulling out the pot a little challenging.
4 used from $70.63
- 10 Appliances In 1 & 15 Preset Smart Programs – Unlike most other Hot Pots on the market, ours gives you the flexibility to manually input cooking times when required and you also have the pre-programmed smart programs already set for many dishes such as Oatmeal, Broth/Soup, Poultry, Yogurt, Egg, Beans/Chilli, Rice, Pressure Cook (Manual Setting), Meat/Stew, Cake. Slow Cook, Steam, Saute, Canning & Multi-Grain so all of your favorite dishes are as easy as pressing a button
Breville Fast Slow Pro Pressure Cooker
For a premium cooking experience, advanced home cooks will love the Breville Pro Pressure Cooker. This sleek stainless steel countertop cooker offers top-of-the-line features like built-in sensors that automatically adjust time and temperature settings based on what’s being cooked, fast and slow cooker options, and a hands-free steam release function for added safety. It comes with 11 preset cooking programs that make it easy to whip up meals in no time, but also offers custom settings for more experienced cooks. Reviewers rave about this model’s special saute and searing functions, which many other pressure cookers don’t have.
“I love this Breville multi-cooker. A whole head of cauliflower can be steamed in minutes. Hearty stews with bone-in meat that would take a day to cook can be pressure cooked in an hour,” wrote one customer. “Traditional slow cook mode works just like a crock pot. We cook a lot of Indian food, so I can sauté onions, green chili, garlic, dry spices, then meat and veggies and water or stock, change mode to slow cook or pressure cook (depending on how much time you have), close the lid and done. One shot. I love the convenience.”
2 used from $167.09
- Color changing LCD tells you when the cooker is pressurizing, cooking or releasing steam
- 3 Way Safety System/Safety locking lid, automatic hands free steam release, safety valve
- 11 pressure cook settings plus a custom setting to suit your favorite recipes
- Keep Warm function turns on after cooking so food is ready to serve when you are
- Removable cooking bowl with PTFE and PFOA free ceramic coating
- Capacity : 6 quart – 4.5 qt (MAX), 1 quart (MIN).Dimensions:12.5 x 13.5 x 14 inches
Ninja Foodi TenderCrisp 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker
If you’re in the market for a pressure cooker and air fryer in one, this compact device is for you. Ninja is a trusted name in cookware known for its small but powerful appliances, and this model is no different—it acts as a pressure cooker, air fryer, and crisper. But what really sets this 6-quart cooker apart is it’s signature TenderCrisp technology, which allows you to quickly cook your food with the pressure cooking function, then crisp it in the 4-quart Cook and Crisp basket, resulting in delightfully crunchy meals (without the use of oil) in no time.
One shopper raved: “Since I’ve had this, I have tried the pressure cooker, the air fryer, and the slow cooker options. I love this appliance! It operates so silently that you don’t know it’s working. Clean-up is easy and it doesn’t take up much counter space. Solid and well-made. The only negative is the extra lid that you have to find a place for. Other than that, this is a great product.”
- The compact pressure cooker that crisps. Pressure cooker, air fryer, tender crisper
- Tender crisp technology allows you to quickly cook ingredients, then the crisping lid gives your meal a crispy, golden finish
- Pressure cook up to 70 percent faster vs. Traditional cooking methods vs. Slow cooked, braised, or low simmer recipes
- Air fry with up to 75 percent less fat vs. Deep fried, hand cut french fries
Crock-Pot Multi-Use Express Crock Programmable Pressure Cooker
The Crock-Pot Multi-Use XL Express Crock is probably one of the few electric pressure cookers that comes in 4 different sizes. It can be bought in a 4 quarts, 6 quarts, or 8 quarts design. This makes it great for single individuals and people who larger families. If you are someone who often finds it hard to find an appliance small enough for one person, this unit will not let you down.
It also comes with all the bells and whistles when it comes to presets. It has a setting for different types of meats, a searing setting, a dessert setting, and so much more. It does still allow you to set the temperature and pressure manually as well if you are someone who prefers this type of thing.
With the ability to use all the presets and set your own timer, this is the best pressure cooker for beginnings. It gives you the comfort of just being able to press a button and wait for your food to cook, but if you decide you want to eventually learn how to do it manually, it allows for that as well.
1 used from $62.97
- The Crock Pot brand, the leader in 1 pot cooking, introduces the Express Crock Programmable Multi Cooker, an all in 1 appliance that lets you Slow Cook, Pressure Cook, Brown and Sauté, or Steam
- Eight 1 touch digital meal settings include Meat/Stew, Beans/Chili, Rice/Risotto, Yogurt, Poultry, Dessert, Soup, and Multigrain
- Six quart non stick cooking pot resists stuck on food and is dishwasher safe, simplifying your cleanup
Yedi 9-in-1 Total Package Instant Programmable Pressure Cooker
The Yedi Total Instant Pressure Cooker is very similar to other electric pressure cookers on the market with one difference. It is better made. It might not the best made electric pressure cooker on the market, but it is one of the top-rated as being a pressure cooker than will hold up to heavy use over the years.
It has a stainless inner pot that is also nonstick. This makes it resistant to flakes like traditional ceramic pots might develop over time, and it won’t burn your food to the bottom like other stainless steel pots might.
This particular model comes with a lot of accessories as well. It comes with a tempered glass lid that will hold up longer than traditional glass lids, 2 egg racks, a ladle, a rice paddle, cooking mitts, an extra silicone ring just in case, stainless steel steaming basket, and a measuring cup. Yedi put this kit together to make even the newest pressure cooker user a pro in no time.
- 9 APPLIANCES IN 1: Cook meals in mere minutes & in less than half the time. Pressure cook, slow cook, sauté, steam, make cakes, pasteurize, make yogurt, cook rice, and warm, all in ONE electric appliance. It's "Perfect Under Pressure".
- RISK FREE SHOPPING: Within 2-years of your purchase on Amazon Yedi Houseware will refund your money and or replace your purchase if you have any issues with it!
- 15 INSTANT-TOUCH MICROPROCESSOR COOKING PROGRAMS: Poultry, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Soup, Sauté/Sear, Cake, Rice, Egg, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam/Veggies, Slow cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, and Pressure Cook (manual setting). Unlike most other cookers on the market, ours also gives you the flexibility to manually input cooking times and set different pressure levels as desired.
Which Is The Best Electric Pressure Cooker To Buy?
All the electric pressure cookers that we have reviewed function pretty much the same way. The difference is in the bells and whistles, the various aspects that will appeal to one buyer and not necessarily to another.
You may prefer a particular pressure cooker because of its simplicity and another because of the noise it makes. Some users might prefer one because it is large and another because of the multiple pressure settings and so on.
We hope the information above is sufficient for you to make your purchase decision.