Have no opportunity to set a gas or charcoal grill? An electric grill can become a solution to this problem! Hopefully, in our review, you’ll find a suitable appliance to use during all your indoor and outdoor barbecue and grill parties.
TL;DR Top 10 Best Electric Grills List
Given the high number of electric grills on the market, competition for the top positions is shaping into a battle of the titans with every manufacturer working tirelessly to out-muscle their competitions. After a thorough research, here are the best grills:
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will be received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
What’s Better Gas Or Electric Grill?
You will find that barbecue aficionados feel that the type of grill they have is the best, whether gas or electric. But the best grill for you is the one that fits your needs, your lifestyle, and your budget. When deciding which kind of grill to buy, you first need to honestly consider what you want to get out of a grill: Do you want to be able to put together a grilled meal quickly, with very little time and effort? Or does flavor matter most? What kind of space do you have? Are there any local ordinances that might limit what you can get?
Once you have the answers to these questions you may still be unsure which grill is ideal. With a breakdown of the pros and cons of each type of grill, however, you can become knowledgeable enough to make an educated decision.
Gas Grills Best for Flavor
A gas grill is the most common kind of grill sold these days. It offers good flavor, versatility, and convenience. The great thing about a gas grill is that you can heat it up and be cooking in as little as 10 minutes—just push the button to ignite, let it heat up, and grill away. Perfect for the cook who grills frequently. If you are into features, a gas grill may be the answer. Some models come with side cooktops, rotisserie kits, multiple burners, and even wifi capabilities so you can keep track of your food on your phone.
A couple things to keep in mind, though, are the fuel and the square footage needed. Gas grills require fuel either from a natural gas line that you have on your property or from a propane tank that you replace each time it is empty. Also, most gas grills require a fairly good amount of space—even the smallest models—since they cannot be used too close to any structure. So if you live in an urban area and your outdoor space consists of a small balcony, a gas grill is probably not for you (and your building may not permit it).
Electric Grills Heat Up Quickly
Electric grills offer the least authentic grill flavor but can generally be used almost anywhere. Electric grills can heat up quickly and don’t require any fuel other than an electrical outlet nearby.
Electric grills are of two types – clamshell contact and open grills with single side heat element. The heating element is either embedded within the cooking surface or is directly below it. Many electric grills have a drip pan underneath the elements to catch any juices that run off meat and other items during the grilling process. These pans are detachable, so the drippings can be used elsewhere. Electric smokers are also available.
An electric grill has low, medium and high temperature settings. It generates intense radiant heat and then powers off and re-energizes its heat coils intermittently on a timer or if the temperature drops. Searing foods may not be possible as it requires intense heat for long duration
However, you really do lose a lot in the way of flavor.
Best Electric Grill Reviews
Decided to go with electric grill for your kitchen?
When looking for the top 10 best electric grills reviews, caution has to be exercised. Of course, none of us wants to spend their hard-earned cash on meat only for it to be turned into charcoal by a poorly-performing grill. That’s why we have help you preapre a comprehensive electric grill reviews for you!
George Foreman electric Grill
One of the highest rated electric grills on amazon.com; this is a unique product from George Foreman. Designed for indoor and outdoor use, it gives fuss-less grilling making the entire process a breeze. With a height of 6 inches, you will love how convenient it is.
What’s more, it uses electricity and gives options from high to low. This heat option ensures that you grill your meat to perfection without overheating or under-heating. Fat being a health hazard, it comes with a sloping grate which draws fat away from your food.
The easy-to-empty tray collects the fat as it’s being drawn away from the food thus keeping your working/cooking environment clean. Built to North American standards, you can trust it to deliver nothing short of a perfect meal.
5 used from $93.70
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - Thereâ€s a lot to love about this nonstick coating; itâ€s durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Indoor/Outdoor Removable Stand - Donâ€t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control - The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
Hamilton Beach 25360 electric Grill
Introducing heat searing capability, Hamilton electric grill is yet another incredible option available on the market. An indoor grill designed to deliver outdoor results; it’s built to offer unparalleled grilling results. With an adjustable temperature control, you are given the power to control the amount of heat required to grill your food to perfection.
Its non-stick plate gives easy washing and also ensures that food retains its natural flavor and taste while the indicator lights enable you to keep track of the entire grilling process ensuring that you make zero mistakes.
Throwing an extra-large drip tray into the bargain, you never have to worry about spill-outs or a messy working environment. And yes, it also comes with a removable hood and a plate which is dishwasher safe for easy and quick cleaning.
1 used from $63.85
- Locks in juices and flavors: Sear at 450 degrees or use adjustable temperature dial to grill at lower heat for optimal grilling results
- Enjoy grilling all year long: This indoor grill with hood has a high searing heat that locks in juices and flavors, and lid closes to give you signature grill marks; Serves up to 6 with 118 square inch grilling surface
- Easy to clean: Indoor grill hood, plate, and extra-large drip tray are all removable and dishwasher safe
MiToo Masterbuilt Electric Veranda Grill
Boasting an adjustable 1650 watt cooking element, Masterbuilt is a compact electric grill with a top-tier performance. Quick and easy to assemble, it gives an easy operating process allowing you to grill your food like a pro. Its removable drip pan facilitates quick and easy cleaning.
The stainless steel temperature gauge not only gives accurate and precise temperature control but also stays good as new for a long time. With a thermostat fully equipped to facilitate variable temperature control, you can never go wrong with this electric grill.
Weber Q 2400 Electric Grill
Boasting a 1560-watt heating element and a 280 sq. an inch of the cooking area, Weber electric grill gives any cooking enthusiast an opportunity to grill their food with unrivaled precision. Its porcelain –enameled cooking grates which are beefed up with a cast-iron for unmatched durability give nothing short of your expectations.
The cast aluminum body also adds to its unique design and attractive construction making it pretty awesome. Fully assembled and fitted with infinite burner valve settings, this electric grill is a must-have.
What’s more, its dimensions make it ideal and convenient for both outdoor and indoor use. To spice up the experience, it comes with a 6ft grounded cord which facilitates effective grilling.
2 used from $243.24
- 1560-watt electric heating element to heat 280 square-inch total cooking area
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast aluminum lid and body
- .Dimensions (Inches) Lid Open : ( H x W x D) - 26 x 31.5 x 25.1(Inches); :Dimensions - Lid Closed (inches) 14.5 H x 31.5 W x 19.5 D
- Fully assembled out of box, Infinite control burner valve settings. Fuel type-Electric. Power-1,560 W/120 V
- 6-foot grounded cord. The appliance should be supplied through a residual current device (RCD) having a rated residual operating current not exceeding 30 mA
Meco Electric Cart Grill
With 200 sq. ft of cooking surface, Meco electric grill is another impressive option whose performance and ergonomic design make it quite reliable. Featuring a cooking element which boasts three cooking positions, it’s capable of creating a region of even heat, creating a zone of varied temperatures for medium cooking and converting into a fully vertical position for rotisserie grilling.
Its rolling cart makes movement a breeze while its shelf ensures that your grilling materials are kept together. What’s more, it comes with a thermostatic control and a 1500-watt CUL and UL-listed heating element which give enough heat to grill your food to perfection. Of course, it plugs into any standard electrical socket making it quite reliable. In addition, it comes with a disposable grease pan which is easy to clean.
- 200 square inches of cooking space
- Three-position cooking element. With three heating positions, this grill is capable of (1) cre ating a zone of even heat for traditional grilling, (2) creating a versatile zone of different temperatures for c ooking medium, rare and well-done simultaneously and (3) converting to a fully vertical position for rotiss erie grilling (rotisserie sold separately).
- This grill’s rolling cart makes it convenient to transport, and its wire shelf helps keep your grilling materials together.
Delonghi BG24 Perfecto electric Grill
Delonghi is another option available on the market for you. If you want to make mouth-watering grilled dishes, you can give it a shot. It distributes heat evenly across the cooking surface giving excellent results. With its embedded grill plate for heating, you can never be wrong about this grill.
It not only gives tasty foods but also keeps the food juicy and warm thanks to its tempered glass lid. Its large cooking surface lets you prepare food for the whole family with much ease while the adjustable and detachable thermostat gives a perfect finish. Its easy to clean non-stick plate makes the entire grilling process even more enjoyable. In a jiffy, it’s an awesome product.
1 used from $42.08
- Distributes heat evenly for the best results due to the fully embedded grill plate heating element. The input power is 1500 watts. The frequency is 60 Hz and the voltage is 120 volts
- Improves cooking to keep food juicy with the tempered glass lid; It can also keep already grilled food warm
- Make a meal for the whole family with the large cooking surface. Drip tray: Integrated and removable
- Perfectly grilled food to your preference with the detachable, adjustable thermostat; Easy to clean with nonstick grill plate and removable nonstick drip tray; Simply wipe the grill plate and empty the drip tray
Presto Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
Designed to allow grease to automatically drain from food into the drip tray, Presto electric grill ensures that you get tasty meals day in-day out. If you’re looking for an electric grill worth your cash, you can trust it to do more than you expect.
Its cool touch base which surrounds the grilling surface reduces chances of you being burnt while the heat control maintains optimal temperatures for perfect cooking. Designed to fit into standard dishwashers and the normal 18-inch kitchen cabinets, it’s worth your cash.
9 used from $24.80
- Grease automatically drains from food into drip tray
- Cool touch base surrounds the grilling surface on the front & back sides
- Control Master heat control maintains the proper cooking temperature automatically
- Fits in most dishwashers & standard 18" kitchen cabinets
- Spatula included
Hamilton Beach Electric Searing Grill with Viewign Window
While we all know that saying about watching a pot boil, but there is something satisfying about watching your food cook, especially if that searing sausage is shielded by a splash capturing lid. Built with a lid like a hood over a stovetop, the Hamilton Beach Electric Searing Grill with Viewing Window features a mid-sized 118 square-inch cooking surface but keeps the whole thing covered for a less messy grill session, complete with a window so you can keep a close eye on the items being cooked. A slotted grill surface allows for grease to drip through to a cleanable pan, and the whole thing easily disassembles for dishwasher safe cleaning.
4 used from $54.87
- Locks in juices and flavors: Sear at 450 degrees or use adjustable temperature dial to grill at lower heat for optimal grilling results.
- Enjoy grilling all year long: This indoor grill with hood has a high searing heat that locks in juices and flavors, and lid closes to give you signature grill marks. Serves up to 6 with 118 square-inch grilling surface.
- Keep an eye on your food: This indoor grill with hood comes with a convenient window in lid lets you watch food cook while keeping heat inside.
Zojirushi Indoor Electric Grill
If you’re in the market for a countertop electric grill that performs like a full-sized competitor, look no further than the Zojirushi Indoor Electric Grill. This small electric grill still packs the capacity to grill up your favorite meats and vegetables to flavorful perfection without taking up too much valuable cabinet space.
Because of its flat form factor, this model is excellent for cooking kabobs and other skewered dishes to crisp perfection. Not to mention, the Zojirushi grill can cook a mean barbeque indoors– perhaps even during the cold winter months. Either way, you’ll have plenty of room to cook on this non-stick cast iron cooking surface, which usually cleans off with a quick wipe down.
If you need more than a quick clean to shine up this cooking surface, worry not. The Zojirushi grill’s cooking surface is detachable and dishwasher safe, allowing you to spend more time eating and less time worrying about clean up. As an added bonus, this electric grill is likely available at a large chain store new you, such as Lowes or Walmart. You won’t have to wait long to get your hands on this model.
Overall, owners of the Zojirushi grill like this indoor electric grill and so will you. So, make plans to add it to your kitchen soon.
4 used from $79.81
- Ideal for grilling steaks, chicken, fish, burgers, and vegetables indoors
- Nonstick grill surface measures 12-1/2 by 9-1/4 inches
- Variable heat control; cool-touch handles and housing
- Disassembles easily for cleaning; dishwasher-safe drip tray
- Overall, measures 12-5/8 x 18-3/4 x 3-inches
Kenyon Floridian All Seasons Portable Stainless Steel Electric Grill
What’s a day out of fishing without a delicious fish fry as the sun sets? With the Kenyon Floridian All Seasons Portable Stainless-Steel Electric Grill, you’ll be able to make that dream a reality each and every fishing trip.
Starting up this model is literally at the tip of your finger, as the Kenyon Floridian provides touch-operated controls for both ignition and temperature adjustment. The Kenyon Floridian can grill beside the best in the market, providing a great grilling experience without any of the smoke and ash.
The Kenyon Floridian can go from cold to 600 degrees in just ten minutes, allowing you to get fish frying sooner. This model is also safe to set on any surface, as its stainless-steel exterior traps heat and prevents unintended melting of plastic in the proximity of the grill.
Reviewers note that this model’s sleek appearance and convenient portability were major buying points for them. The Kenyon Floridian definitely provides both, while still maintaining a level of performance that will quickly satisfy who ever joins you out on the boat.
- 600° F+ in 10 minutes
- 1300W Element in direct contact with cooking surface for efficient grilling
- UL Approved for Indoor AND Outdoor Use
- Grill grate and lid are dishwasher safe
What’s The Best Electric Grills To Buy?
This may come as a surprise, but making a decision wasn’t actually that hard.
You see, the Char Boil might have the size, and Hamilton Beach Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill might have the looks, but if you’re looking for the best all-around electric grilling experience, George Foreman GGR50B is the clear winner.
And don’t get me wrong, it’s an attractive appliance, with a slick and modern look that looks great on any kitchen countertop, but more importantly it offers the closest grilling experience you’ll get from indoor cooking while being capable to grill outdoor as well.
You just can’t go wrong with this one. ?