There’s nothing better than fresh baked bread, but not everyone has the time to make it on a regular basis. Bread maker take the time – and a lot of the work – out of the process. You simply add the ingredients, press a few buttons and remove the finished loaf when baking is done.
Early bread makers were pretty basic, offering few options. Now, even the budget machines have a variety of settings that let you customize your loaves. They also have settings that automatically adjust kneading and resting time for different types of breads, so your whole wheat loaf will be just as good as your sweet loaf.
Many machines also let you delay the start of baking, so the bread is ready when you need it. Others offer options for kneading-only, baking-only or making non-bread items such as cake or jam.
No matter whether you want to bake bread daily, or whether it will be an occasional treat, there’s a bread maker that’s the perfect size, price and design for your lifestyle.
TL;DR Top 10 Bread Making Machine 🍞
[Full Disclosure: This is a professional review website and the reviews are done based on personal opinions. Some of the links below are affiliate links. Compensation will received if you go through them to make a purchase. Keep in mind that these products are suggested because of their quality and not because of the compensation received from your purchases.]
Bread Maker VS Oven
Both appliances can bake bread. But both of them also have flaws that should be improved.
Bread Maker Cons
- Because of the paddles below the pan, the bread always comes with a hole at the bottom. If you are planning on selling your baking, forget about it. Your bread will have a hole in the bottom.
- Bread size is limited by the size of the bread maker pan. When baking with the bread maker, you will have to follow the specific measurement of the ingredients that the device is capable of accommodating.
- The bread maker is more limited in functions although there are several alternative uses for a bread maker – such as making jam, baking a cake, or making homemade tomato sauce. The bottom line will always get you to create only what it’s designed to.
- You’ll get rounded loafs. If you want a square-type loaf, then I suggest you use an oven instead.
- Ovens are pretty expensive. Some people just can’t afford them.
- Ovens consume high electricity usage.
- Baking with ovens means creating your own dough which has a tendency to make a lot of mess.
How To Choose a Good Bread Maker?
Well, already decide to have a bread make for your kitchen
So, how you are going to choose a good bread maker? Let check out few guideline below:
Lets you see how the loaf is progressing – but if there isn’t one you can open the lid without spoiling the loaf.
So you can set the machine to come on at a predetermined time – Is there anything nicer than waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread?
Converts default Fahrenheit and imperial units into metric.
Allows you to change the default temperature and times in preheat, kneading, rising, baking and keep-warm stages.
Lets you hand shape decorative crusts and glazes.
Rapid-bake loaves can take less than two hours to make.
Automatically opens and dispenses ingredients at the appropriate time during the bread-making cycle – essential for making speciality breads containing fruits and nuts.
Cooks the loaf for longer, if you like a particularly crisp crust.
All breadmakers come with a non-stick, coated bread pan for effortless bread making. Bread pans tend to be almost square in shape, so your loaf is likely to be shorter and wider than a shop-bought one.
Insulated outer walls stop the surface of the breadmaker getting hot during baking. However, some stainless steel models do get hot, so always use an oven glove or tea towel to remove your bread.
The paddle mixes the ingredients into a dough. Some models have a kneading paddle that collapses during baking to minimize any indentation on the bottom of the loaf.
Top-of-the-range machines come with different settings for recipes such as rye, spelt, gluten-free breads and pizza dough that calculate the temperature and baking time when you select your loaf. You can often choose from three or four crust-colour options and some machines also allow you to store your own recipes and preferences.
Top Rated Bread Maker Reviews 🥐
We created reviews below with additional guidance for different kinds of bread maker. If you plan to buy bread maker online please do so through our review so that your purchase (at no additional cost to you) can support this website – thank you.
Breadman Stainless Steel Professional Bread Maker
The BK1050S provides bakery results right at the comfort of your home. The digital display, pre-programmable settings, as well as a nut and fruit dispenser which instantly adds extras at the precise time makes baking a breeze. It also comes with 14 baking functions including artisan dough, gluten free and low-carb. You can select the size bead you are making and how you like the crust to produce — light, medium, as well as dark. It also comes with delay bake timer, perfect bake feature for even heat; make sure that each loaf will appear just right.
- Collapsible Kneading Paddle - The smartly designed kneading paddle collapses before baking to prevent holes in the bottom of loaves
- Perfect Bake Technology - Engineered to bake evenly for a uniform crust color, consistent texture, and excellent flavor
- Measuring Cup and Spoon Included. Wattage(Watts): 850
- 14 Baking Functions - Simply select the type of bread you wish to make and how light or dark you want it. This machine includes controls for gluten-free, low-carb, and artisan loaves
Cuisinart 2 LB Bread Maker
Cuisinart CBK-00 is considered one of the best and most sought after bread machines on hand today. The quality of the design of the CBK-100 reflects the superiority of the loaf and bread. Cuisinart CBK-100 2 LB Bread Maker is an elegant bread maker. Its outer surface is almost totally made out of high quality brushed aluminum. The superiority of the loaf does not frustrate either and it is equipped with all the needed features which take account of a timer, many recipes, and simple to use controls as well as lots of amazing accessories.
- Programmable bread machine bakes 1-, 1-1/2-, and 2-pound loaves
- 12 preprogrammed menu options; 3 crust settings; 13-hour delay-start timer
- Viewing window; removable lid, pan, and paddle for quick cleanup
- Stay-cool handles; measuring cup, measuring spoon, and recipes included
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Oster Expressbake Bread Machine with Delay Timer
If you are looking for a bread maker that can cater for the whole family, then consider the Oster 2-Pound Expressbake Bread Machine. This is ideal for large families, could produce up to a 2lbs loaf of bread. It comes with 9 bread settings and three crust settings for a variety of breads, dough as well as jams. The Expressbake setting, allows you to have newly baked bread at once.
5 used from $48.99
- 650 watts oster bread maker with upto a 2.0 pound loaf capacity is ideal for larger families
- 12 bread settings and 3 crust settings for making a variety of breads, dough, and jams
- Expressbake setting bakes bread in under an hour
- 13 hour programmable baking timer for fresh bread anytime
- Large LCD display and intuitive button controls for easy operation, 40 inch cord length
Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker
Not much could be anticipated if looking at the cost of the 5891 from bread maker from Sunbeam. However it handles things better than expensive models. This is one of the most reasonable bread machines that provide a superb value for your hard earned money. It comes with a standard start delay timer however what makes it apart from the rest is the way it bake your bread. This could make 2 pound bread and comes with 12 diverse cooking functions. The non-stick interior makes it easy to maintain and quite operation mode is really exceptional.
4 used from $124.98
- Bakes up to a 2 lb loaf of bread
- 13 hour delay bake and 12 baking functions
- Express Bake cycle
- Push button control panel with LED display
- Non stick, removable baking pan
- Includes instruction book with bread recipes
Zojirushi Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Breadmaker
Not all needs a big bread machine, the BB-CEC20 from Zojirushi manages to combine an extensive set of essential features into a dense form factor. While some bread machines are bulk and take lots of space in your kitchen countertop, the CEC20 fills a huge gap with regards to bread maker. This is ideal for small kitchen and comes with start delay feature and could produce a one pound loaf.
1 used from $238.93
- Dual-blade bread machine makes rectangular-shaped 2-pound loaves
- 10 pre-programmed settings; 3 crust shades; LCD control panel; 13-hour delay timer
- Large viewing window; removable nonstick bread pan for easy cleaning
- Measuring spoon, measuring cup, and user manual with recipes included.Measures approximately 9-5/8 by 17 by 12-1/5 inches
- Electrical rating:120 volts / 700 watts
Breville Custom Loaf Bread Maker
BrevilleBBM800XL is considered the smartest bread machine so far. It comes with 60 diverse recipes to select from. An extremely clever interface calculates temp and baking time once you make a selection. The Turn and Confirm dial allows you prepare the recipe in seconds. It also allows you to choose what time you like the bread to be prepared, add nuts and fruits at the right time.
- Automatic fruit and nut dispenser releases ingredients at the right moment during the knead phase so they are evenly incorporated within the dough. Voltage : 110–120 Volts
- Unique collapsible kneading paddle thoroughly mixes ingredients then collapses before bake phase to minimize the hole at the base of the baked loaf
- Smart lcd screen with progress indicator displaying 13 automatic settings, 3 crust colors, and 4 loaf sizes
T-fal ActiBread Bread Machine Stainless
While most bread machines these days have one setting for making gluten-free breads, this one was designed with gluten-free baking in mind. It has settings for gluten-free salty, gluten-free sweet and gluten-free cake, along with settings for standard baking, including rapid whole wheat, whole wheat, salt-free, super-rapid, rapid sweet bread, French, sweet, cooking, dough, cake, jam and pasta.
This makes bread in one-pound, 1.5-pound and two-pound loaves. It has three different crust settings, as well as a 15-hour delay timer and an automatic keep warm feature.
The LCD screen makes it easy to choose the right settings and the lid has a window, so you can check the progress of the kneading, rising and baking. The pan is non-stick for easy bread release and simple cleaning. This includes a measuring cup and spoon.
- Gluten free bread maker with 15 programmable settings: Gluten free salty, gluten free sweet, gluten free cake, rapid whole wheat, whole wheat, salt free, super rapid, rapid sweet bread, french, sweet, cooking, dough, cake, jam, and pasta
- 3 loaf sizes (1, 1.5, or 2 pounds); 3 crust settings (light, medium, or dark); 700 watts of power
- Digital LCD display with indicator light; Delay start upto 15 hours; Automatic keep warm
Secura Stainless Steel Bread Maker
The Secura Bread Maker includes 19 different settings, all configured into the machine ahead of time.
You can make everything from white and whole wheat breads to pizza dough, yogurt, and jams – all with the press of a button.
There’s also a setting for gluten-free bread and cake, ensuring it’s simple to prepare for special occasions or unique diets.
Some recipes are finicky, so this bread maker includes the appropriate time and temperature settings for each type of bread, yogurt, dough, and so on – leaving no guesswork to you.
If this is your first experience with bread-making, these settings will help reduce the hassle.
- Developed with nutrition exclusive custom mode 19 preset menu settings & 3 loaf sizes & 3 crust Colors for making a variety of breads pizza dough cakes yogurt and jams Now you can create gluten free cake
- Programmable LCD digital display with delay baking timer 15-hour delay timer & automatic keep Warm (max 1 hours) You can eat fresh bread the next morning because it can make Reservation for up to 15Hr in advance with 60 minutes of warm-keeping
KBS Stainless Steel Bread Machine
It features 19 automatic programs, some of which include; Wheat-free, gluten-free, jam, etc. It offers three load sizes; 1, 1.5, 2.2lbs. Three crust colors are available; light, medium, and dark. All you need do is follow the recipes to add ingredients, then you can choose your preferred options and the bread maker will handle the rest.
It comes with built-in micro-processor which helps to monitor and adjust heat intensity, prompting proper enzymatic reactions. The device patented heaters helps to generate rapid and even heat in the non-stick ceramic pan.
The device comes with a 2-year warranty on all parts and accessories. If you want you can contact customer care to send you A Master Baker’s 300 Favorite Recipe, which would be sent to you via email.
- 【Incomparable taste】engineered with precision baking technology and 650 watts of output power, KBS bread maker produces soft Bouncy bread with consistent, even textures and prevents loss of nutrients. Thoughtfully designed for the novice, the compact bread maker is incredibly easy to use, the most important: turns out excellent results!
- 【Remarkable versatility】kbs programmable 2lb bread machine features 19 menus including healthy options like gluten free, whole wheat and sourdough. The multifunctional machine offers 3 crust Colors & 3 loaf sizes, to give bread lovers a wide choice of over 100 bread, dough, sweet cake, and jam combinations. Healthy & Penny saving!
Which Bread Maker Is Best To Buy?
All this talk about freshly-baked bread has us ready to head into the kitchen, and we’re guessing you’re getting pretty hungry as well. We’ve hopefully done our part, running down the best bread makers on the market and giving you all the tips you need to choose the right model – the rest is up to you.
Just remember that you’ll need to determine the size you want to bake (as well as the size of the machine that will fit into your available space) and the varieties you want to make, before deciding which will be the right one for your needs. We’re obviously quite partial to the delicious loaves produced by some models, but a small bread may not be adequate for the size of your family. In that case, any of the other machines in our rankings are worth your consideration. After all, how much longer can you put up with store-bought bread when you can easily make vastly-superior loaves at home?